In this episode of Content Matterz, we take an up-close-and-personal look into the world of entrepreneurs, social media, and recognition. We’re uncovering the mental health rollercoaster that every entrepreneur rides, magnified by a toxic chase for likes and shares on social media platforms. We encourage a focus on creating fulfillment through content. Not chasing vanity metrics.
So often, the entrepreneurial world is all about striving for success, staying ahead of the game, and well, standing out. But here’s the rub. This constant chase for approval, often measured through vanity metrics, can lead to a bit of a mental health problem. But don’t just take our word for it; our guest speaker, Jim James, shares his unique perspective on this hot-button issue.
Now, Jim throws a bit of a curveball in this conversation. He suggests that maybe, just maybe, social media isn’t the big bad wolf we often make it out to be. Maybe it’s not the cause but rather a mirror, reflecting our inner struggle between what we want and what we actually need. It’s a fascinating idea that’s sure to get you thinking.
We also explore the importance of self-awareness and taking care of yourself, both in body and mind. Our conversation takes a detour into a personal story of quitting drinking, showing how significant changes can lead to better mental and physical health.
We hope this episode makes a difference for you.
As of January 2023, there were at least 3.02 million podcasts. That sounds like a lot, but when you consider 19.5 million people live in New York state alone, you realize 3 million is actually not a lot. There’s plenty of room for new podcasts. Your podcast. Let’s talk about it… contact us here.
- Why Being Creative is Good for Your Mental Health
- Podcasts Changed My Life
- This episode comes from a long-form conversation on Entrepreneur Perspectives: Ego Awareness Conversation | Jim James, The Unnoticed Entrepreneur
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
- KazSource: Twitter, Instagram
- Featured Guest! Jim James: LinkedIn | Linktree
- The Unnoticed Entrepreneur: website | YouTube
- Thank you for listening to this Content Matterz podcast episode, “Creating Fulfillment Through Content”.
- This podcast episode exists because of KazCM. The content production company inside KazSource, Inc. Our rallying cry: “content brings people together”.
- We would be grateful if you subscribed to this podcast on your favorite podcast player. Search: Content Matterz (with a z!)