In a world flooded with audio business cards masquerading as podcasts, we’re tearing down the selfish behavior of podcast guests. It’s time to ditch the pitch! Your listeners are here for real banter. Think about it, have you ever listened to a podcast and thought, “I’ve stepped into an infomercial”? If you are a podcast guest or planning to be one, stop using the mic as a megaphone for “me, myself, and I”.
By stepping back from relentless self-promotion, you inadvertently step up your authenticity and appeal.
Oh and by the way, not everyone has a podcast:
As of January 2023, there were at least 4.2 million podcasts. That sounds like a lot, but when you consider there are 4.95 million people living in the Phoenix metro area alone, you realize 4.2 million is actually not a lot. There’s plenty of room for new podcasts. Your podcast. Let’s talk about it… contact us here.
- The Art of Podcast Learning
- Creativity Connects People
- This episode comes from a long-form conversation on Entrepreneur Perspectives: Self-Expression Through Podcasting | Christine Amerman
- Eric Kasimov: Twitter, LinkedIn
- KazSource: Twitter, Instagram
- Featured Guest! Christine Amerman: Instagram | LinkedIn | Life With Passion website
- Thank you for listening to this Content Matterz podcast episode, “Ditch the Pitch”.
- This podcast episode exists because of KazCM. The content production company inside KazSource, Inc. Our rallying cry: “content brings people together”.
- We would be grateful if you subscribed to this podcast on your favorite podcast player. Search: Content Matterz (with a z!)